CONDITIONS OF ISSUE – EXEMPT PASS EFFECTIVE 1 JANUARY 1998 THIS APPLICATION CANNOT BE DEALT WITH BY PLAZA STAFF
The sole purpose of funding this concession is the loss paid by other motorists. In these circumstances, TT2 (Tyne Tunnels) can only agree such limited concessions as do not unduly raise costs for other toll paying motorists. It is particularly emphasised that the conditions of use ARE NOT aligned with DVLA pamphlet No. V188.
1. The vehicle to which the Exempt Pass is issued MUST be the vehicle used at the time of using TT2 (Tyne Tunnels).
2. The exempt vehicle pass must be offered to the Toll Booth each time you wish to use the Tunnel. Failure to do so will result in the toll fee being payable and other sanctions (see below) may arise.
3. A TT2 exempt Pass is valid for the duration of your DWP letter of entitlement, then re-application is required if further benefits granted.
4. The exempt pass must not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be damaged, defaced, altered, copied, passed, loaned, given or sold to a third party. Suspected transactions will be traced through our database and through the DVLA at Swansea. Breaches will result in:-
a. Immediate and permanent withdrawal of this concession from the person concerned, save where the theft has been reported prior to the use of the Exempt Pass;
b. The full toll in cash, cheque or credit/debit card being demanded from the driver of the vehicle at the time;
c. Possible prosecution for contravention of Bylaws and/or, for attempted fraud;
d. A surcharge being laid on the holder for administrative costs incurred through any trace action being required.
5. The TT2 (Tyne Tunnels) expects exempt pass holders to inform them in writing immediately if any of their particulars change or if they are no longer entitled to toll-free passage. Failure to do so mean’s a contravention of the Tyne Tunnels Act 1960:- Failing to pay the toll on a vehicle which is NOT EXEMPT is a criminal offence.
It is stressed that these conditions for use are not in any way intended to inconvenience those severely disabled persons for whom this concession is intended but are an attempt to prevent abuse of the system by persons who are not entitled to it.
Thanking you in anticipation of your help and wishing you many happy crossings.