Successful Road Safety Operation at the Tyne Tunnels
TT2 Limited, working in Partnership with Northumbria Police have hosted a multi-agency road safety operation to take dangerous drivers off our roads. Officers from Northumbria Police motor patrols department were joined by representatives from HMRC and VOSA at the Tyne Tunnel Thursday 14 July. They were carrying out stop checks as part of an operation which looked to identify any defects that could pose a danger to other road users. The results of the checks were as follows:
- 2 vehicles were seized by Northumbria Police for offences including no licence.
- Numerous Prohibitions were issued by VOSA for vehicle related offences.
- 2 Drivers were summonsed for driving offences.
- 1 person was arrested for an outstanding matter.
- 2 drivers were issued with substantial fines for fuel evasion (using red diesel in a motor vehicle on a road).
TT2 Operations Manager, Stu Sutton said: ”We continue to work in collaboration with multi-agency partners to ensure the safety of the Tyne Tunnels. These high profile roadside checks serve to protect our customers by removing dangerous drivers from the road. I would like pass on my thanks to all involved in this successful operation”.