Tunnel 2K Velocity Design Competition
Be part of this year’s exciting Tunnel 2K Velocity race night at the Tyne Tunnels!
We’re looking for talented young people to design the official race night t-shirt.
The winning design will be available for sale on the night, and the lucky winner will win one of their t-shirts, signed by the 2013 Tunnel 2K champion.
If you’re under 16, and think you’ve got what it takes to create something that captures the unique, high adrenaline, under water, challenge of Tunnel 2K Velocity, then get creating now and send us your best efforts!
The T-shirt design competition is open to under-16s, with a set of four VIP tickets to the event up for grabs and a £100 high street gift voucher for the winning entrant. The winning design will be printed onto T-shirts as official event merchandise, with a special signed T-shirt autographed by this year’s T2K champion being presented to the competition winner.
There are no limitations on the design, so long as it can fit onto the front of a T-shirt. The winning entry will best capture the essence of the exciting race night, showcasing what people can achieve through sheer muscle power and mental strength.
Children up to the age of 16 can submit their entries via Instagram @tt2kvelocity or by emailing email@example.com Alternatively hard copies can be posted to TT2kV, TT2 Limited, Tyne Tunnels 2, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, NE28 0PQ.
The closing date for entries is Monday 2nd September 2013.
Don’t forget to take a look at the Terms and Conditions below, before submitting your entry.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. This competition is free to enter, with no purchase necessary.
- 2. The competition is open to people who are aged 16 or under on Monday 2nd September 2013.
- 3. The competition is not open to employees or immediate family members of employees working for TT2 Limited, Burdus Management, or Total Racing International.
- 4. Designs must be scalable to fit the front only of a standard t-shirt. No designs that cover sleeves or back can be considered.
- 5. Designs must feature original artwork.
- 6. Designs must be submitted via Instagram by following @TT2kVelocity on Instagram. Images should be uploaded to Instagram and posted quoting the hashtag #TyneTunnelRaceNight as well as adding @TT2kVelocity to the post.
- 7. Designs can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy by post to TT2kV, TT2 Limited, Tyne Tunnels 2, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, NE28 0PQ. Designs submitted by email or hard copy should include name, address, contact number and age of the competition entrant.
- 8. Individuals can enter the competition as many times as they want. However only one prize winner will be selected.
- 9. The winning entry will be the one considered by judges to best represent the spirit, challenge, intensity, and excitement of the Tunnel 2K wheelchair race (the fastest wheelchair race on earth, which sees the best wheelchair athletes in the world hurtle through the northbound Tyne Tunnel) and Velocity (a brand new concept in bicycle racing that will see more than 100 athletes power cycle through the vehicle tunnel in a mass elimination bike race). Both races take place in the dark of night.
- 10. A panel of judges representing TT2, Burdus Management, and Total Racing International, will choose the winning entry on Tuesday 3rd September 2013, and will immediately notify the successful entrant.
- 11. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Monday 2nd September 2013. The winner will be notified the following day.
- 12. The winner will receive four VIP tickets to attend the race night on Friday 13th September 2013 (8pm onwards) and £100 in high street gift vouchers. No cash alternative will be offered, and travel costs are not included. In addition the winning design will be printed onto t-shirts available for sale on the night as official race merchandise. The winner will receive a t-shirt with their design on, signed by the 2013 Tunnel 2K champion.
- 13. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult at the race event.
- 14. Prizes shall be awarded at the discretion of the race organisers. If they consider that any entrant has acted inappropriately or dishonestly in entering into the competition, they reserve the right to refuse to award any prize.
- 15. The winner will be notified through the contact details provided at the time of entry. For those submitting their entries to Instagram, a message will be posted to the winner beneath their winning design, with information on how to obtain their prize.. If the winner cannot be reached on the contact details provided on their entry form, or if a winner does not claim their prize following notification, the race organisers reserve the right to offer their prize to another entrant.
- 16. No responsibility is accepted for delayed or mis-transmitted entries.
- 17. The promoters reserve the right to use the designs submitted for the competition, and the name and photograph of the winner for the purposes of publicity.
- 18. The prizes are as stated and are subject to availability and the supplier’s terms and conditions. In the event of any prize being unavailable for any reason outside the race organisers’ control they reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of similar value.
- 19. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoters reserve the right to amend the terms of this competition or to extend or withdraw this offer without motive at any time.
- 20. All entries to the competition and any copyright subsisting in the entries shall become and remain the property of the race organisers.
- 21. The race organisers shall not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered as a result of your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you of any prize, or by any action taken the race organisers, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 22. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct , indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, however so arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
- 23. The promoters of this competition are TT2 Limited, Burdus Management, and Total Racing International.
- 24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any action arising out of these terms shall be litigated in, and only in, the courts of England and Wales, and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts and further agree that they are a convenient forum for you.