Monday – Friday only
1 post working 7:00am – 10:15pm
1 post working 3:30pm – 6:45pm
TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, is looking to recruit two dayshift Tunnels Officers at its office in North Tyneside to help take the organisation through an exciting period of change and growth.
We have great plans for the business and are therefore seeking an exceptional individual who can support the Customer Operations Manager in ensuring we offer a first-class service to our customers and stakeholders.
Candidates will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with demanding situations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and perform multiple tasks
- Traffic management skills (preferred)
Duties will include:
- Providing a high level of customer service to all tunnel’s users
- Manual control and direction of traffic including the installation of Traffic Management Schemes
- Responding to toll lanes to assist all tunnels users
- Provide all users with safe and efficient passage through the tunnels
- Monitoring vehicles to ensure correct toll is levied
- Measuring, documenting and escorting of abnormal/dangerous loads
- Vehicle recovery
- Assist with lane closures
- Responding to emergency incidents
- Undertake security related duties and site checks including investigation of any stopped vehicles or pedestrians on site
- Liaising with emergency services
Candidates will also need to show that they have the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use own initiative
- Educated to GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) to include English & Mathematics
- Knowledge of computerised systems including MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Valid UK driving licence (LGV and trailer categories desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver significant transformation in one of the most high-profile businesses in the North-East Region, helping make TT2 be recognised as the best at what we do.
To attract the best candidates TT2 will offer a salary of £8735.88 per annum (£19,891 FTE) and membership, if required, into the Local Government Pension Scheme with a current employer contribution rate of 16.8%.
Please email email@example.com requesting an application form and a full job description.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL WHICH VACANCY YOU ARE APPLYING FOR 7:00am – 10:15pm OR 3:30pm – 6:45pm.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 27th September 2019 @ 5:00pm.