TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, is looking to recruit a full-time Data Analyst Apprentice to start at its office in North Tyneside to help take the organisation through an exciting period of change and growth.
Support the TT2 Management team in ensuring that TT2 is able to manage its business through the provision of accurate and timely information.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for the generation of key reports on a daily, weekly and period basis covering performance of any or all of the TT2 business.
- Interact with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure that accurate information is obtained in a timely way. They will work very closely with the management team including the CEO.
- The Data Analyst will ensure the integrity of our data generation systems, and advise and support managers in delivery of services in line with business objectives, manage the production of the periodic management reports and processing of data in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring the integrity of the information provided through implementation, regular review and update of controls.
- Advise and support managers in delivering services in line with business objectives, recommending actions when necessary.
- Support with the production of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and performance data and the subsequent analysis of results and performance including revenue analysis.
- The Data Analyst will also support the development of the business strategy, delivery of KPI’s and assist in the production of key business drivers including and the introduction of targeting and production of forecasts and budgets.
- The Data Analyst will be an enthusiastic problem solver with exceptional analytical ability with a high standard of accuracy who enjoys taking tasks to completion. This is a highly autonomous role which requires the ability to be a self-starter, work under pressure and meet timescales with the minimum of supervision. Essential requirements for this job include Excel skills to macro level with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- The role requires strong interpersonal skills that will ensure that stakeholders, including the Client and TT2’s contractors, achieve tasks in an environment of co-operation and engagement.
- The role will include other reasonable duties directed by the Programme Manager including report preparation and general associated duties in the office.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
Ambitious & Competitive:
- Shows a can-do attitude, and believes in challenging and developing ourselves.
- Knows what we’re trying to achieve and change our approach when the old way isn’t working.
- Challenges whatever is not simple, efficient or cost effective.
- Seeks simple solutions to everyday problems.
- Addresses problems immediately and accurately.
- Engages the right people to deliver quick solutions in the right way.
- Communicates in a clear and simple way. Excellent oral and written communication skills engaging at all levels.
- Delivers on promises and expects others to do the same. Honest and open even when it is difficult.
Desired qualification requirements:
- 2 A-levels one in Maths or ICT
- 5 GCSE’s, grade A to C
Benefits of the role:
Benefits for working with TT2 include:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free on-site Gym (after induction)
- Free travel to work (if South of Tyne)
- Entry into Local Government Pension Scheme, if required, with an employer contribution of 16.8%.
Progression to Degree and Masters Level.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Applications can be made by following this link.