TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, is looking to recruit a full-time IT Engineer at its office in North Tyneside to help take the organisation through an exciting period of change and growth.
The postholder will report direct to the Technical Manager and will oversee the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and looking to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to further education level in IT/ICT or related subject as a minimum
- Certification/experience in Microsoft Windows System Support; HyperV virtual environments; SQL and Oracle databases; Cisco; Telecom systems including VOIP/SIP and mobile technologies; PLC coding and Java/PHP coding
- Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies – Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport and the OSI Model
- Ability to deal with all levels of staff and management and demonstrate high levels of leadership through influencing skills
- Strong networking skills and an ability to achieve outcomes. A team player who contributes beyond the immediate functional responsibility
- Ability to prioritise a varied and often hectic workload, keeping momentum on long-term goals whilst managing short-term issues with a focus on the outcome to be achieved
- Be proactive with a deep-seated commitment to continuous improvement
- Flexible and approachable, remaining good-humoured even under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to deliver significant transformation in one of the most high-profile businesses in the North-East Region, helping make TT2 be recognised as the best at what we do. It also involves participation in TT2’s technical on-call roster (1:2).
To attract the best candidates TT2 will offer a salary of £41,502 – £43,717 per annum which includes an allowance for participation in TT2’s technical on-call roster (1:2). Also, membership, if required, into the Local Government Pension Scheme with a current employer contribution rate of 16.8%.
Please email email@example.com requesting an application form and a full job description.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 29th April 2019.