TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers. TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible and we have an exciting and very rare opportunity for a shift Controller at our premises in North Tyneside.
About this career opportunity
TT2 is looking for a proactive and experienced leader who will be responsible for the safe management of tunnel operations, shift personnel, contractors and tunnel users. As a shift Controller you will be responsible for ensuring high levels of operational safety and efficiency is maintained in accordance with procedures and regulations.
Main role responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of all traffic operations, including accurate completion of all reports and all staff/operational activities.
- To monitor and react to, in timely manner, CCTV and all alarms on the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA).
- To liaise with Emergency Services during emergency incidents
- To ensure all onsite incidents are recorded into the electronic log and the appropriate documentation is completed within 24 hours of the occurrence.
- To responsible for ensuring that each shift is suitably staffed.
- To supervise all activities within the Tunnels areas to ensure safe working practices are adhered to in line with both TT2 Safe Operating Procedure (SOP’s)/Work Instructions and Health & Safety Law.
- To organise, participate and lead staff training as required, also maintaining accurate training records, present Training/Tool Box Talks to shift personnel.
- To be the first point of contact for shift staff issues e.g., grievance / disciplinary procedures/ performance reviews.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and experience
You will be passionate about delivering customer service through operational safety and efficiency and have a willingness to learn new skills. You must be flexible and the have ability to problem-solve under pressure. You will be able to build, develop and maintain effective working relationships and have excellent communication and leaderships skills to motivate a team.
- Degree level Leadership Qualification or over 7 years recent experience in leading a team within an transport or emergency service environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing performance monitoring/reviews, disciplinary investigations, staff development plans/appraisals, Contractor work permit process, and staff sickness and absences monitoring.
- Proficient knowledge and application of Jesip and Methane principles.
- Bronze level command qualification or over 5 years’ experience in performing bronze level emergency incidents roles.
- Experience of working in an operational control room, preferably in an emergency services environment.
- Experience of working in a performance driven environment.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working as part of a team, this role involves working as part of a rolling shift pattern. You will be contracted to work 37 hours per week plus 5.88 hours contractual overtime.
The schedule is 4 x 12.25hour shifts made up of: 06:45-19:00hrs for 2 days, 18:45-07:00hrs for 2 nights, followed by 4 rest days.
To ensure you have the best knowledge and skills to carry out your role, you will be fully supported with in-house training, including an intensive induction process.
For full details please refer to Job Description in the link below.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of, £47,307.00 – £50,024.00 per annum (including shift allowance, contractual overtime and enhanced payments for weekend work) plus membership of the Local Government Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. Annual leave of 21 shifts, plus 8 days bank holidays. We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 20th November 2022
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.