TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible and we have an exciting and very rare opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our friendly team at our premises in North Tyneside.
About this career opportunity
TT2 is looking for a proactive and experienced Management Accountant, to support the Head of Finance and the small finance team.
You will be responsible for the day to day finance processing, along with 3 finance assistants, and monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
Main role responsibilities (for full duties please review the attached JD)
- Support the day to day and monthly accounting cycles, including reporting and forecasting of the financial performance
- Preparation of financial analysis and reports for monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports
- Support the Head of Finance across all aspects of the finance function, deputising as needed
- Prepare Finance reports for Operational teams including translating and presenting financial information to non-finance members of staff
- Monthly and annual variance analysis
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and experience
You will be proactive and passionate about delivering a great service to all of our key stakeholders in finance.
You will have a proven record of finance business partnering, as well as being a qualified/finalist account (ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW or equivalent).
You will have the ability to deal with all levels of staff and management.
You will possess strong prioritisation skills and the ability to deliver whilst managing a varied and time critical workload.
- Qualified account (ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW or Equivalent) – finalists will be considered dependent on experience
- Experience in a similar Management Accounting role, or very experienced Assistant Account working to Management Accounts level.
- Proven business partnering skills
- High proficiency with PC systems including Microsoft Office packages particularly in Excel (intermediate to advanced), but also in Outlook, Word and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
Experience in public sector accounting or PFI would be an advantage but is not an essential requirement as full training will be provided.
For full details please refer to Job Description in the link below.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of around £30,000 to £35,000 per annum, dependent upon qualifications and experience, along with membership of the Local Government Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. We also offer 25 days Annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays, with additional days available with length of service.
We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role, as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain additional relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 21st March 2023, with interviews expected to take place w/c 27th March 2023
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.
WE ARE NOT INVITING AGENCIES TO PROVIDE CANDIDATES FOR THIS ROLE, SO PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY