UTCNs are issued when:
- you do not pay within the payment window of by midnight the day after your journey
- you are a Blue Badge holder who drove straight through without being a registered user
- you are a Pre-paid customer who travelled without sufficient credit and didn’t top up your account by midnight the day after your journey.
We aim to post your Unpaid Toll Charge Notice (UTCN) 14 days after you missed the payment deadline of midnight the day after your journey. It can sometimes be longer depending on how long it takes the DVLA get back to us with the address.
After the payment deadline for the toll is missed and you receive your UTCN, you will have 14 days from the date the UTCN is produced to make your discounted payment.
Learn more about how a Unpaid Toll Charge Notice (UTCN) works here.
- £60.00 + your toll, which is reduced to £30.00 + your toll if paid within 14 days of the UTCN being produced
- If payment is not made within 28 days it increases to £100 + your toll
- You can pay online here
- You can pay using the automated payments line 0191 574 0030
- We can NOT accept payment via cash or cheque
You can not appeal a paid UTCN via the standard appeal method on our website. You should contact us on 0191 574 0031 and an agent can discuss your case.