Sustainability and Environmental Lead
TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers. TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible and we have an exciting opportunity for a full time Sustainability and Environmental Lead to join our friendly team at our premises in North Tyneside.
About this career opportunity
This is a new role and we are looking for a proactive team member, who can support the Safety and Assurance Manager in overseeing all aspects of sustainability activities across the business. You will be responsible for developing the sustainability goals and strategy to ensure TT2’s approach to sustainability is recognised as industry leading.
Main role responsibilities
- To provide thought-leadership for TT2 and the client on the Concession’s sustainability journey from short-term goals to Net Zero.
- To recommend ways to improve the sustainability program.
- To support efforts to ensure that TT2 complies with regulatory or statutory requirements related to sustainability.
- To calculate the energy usage that contributes to Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and report it to interested stakeholders on a regular basis.
- To represent TT2 as subject matter expert on sustainability.
- To manage data collection processes for sustainability.
- To develop and implement sustainability KPIs, identifying areas for improvement and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- To produce an annual report for external publication.
The ideal candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related role and ideally you will possess a degree or similar in Sustainability, Sustainability Development, or Environmental Management. You will possess strong knowledge of current sustainability best practice and initiatives and you will have the ability to build strong relationships to influence sustainability change. You will be fully supported with in-house induction training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role. For full details please refer to the Job Description in the link below.
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a competitive salary of £37,517 – £39,480 per annum plus membership of the Local Government Defined Salary Pension Scheme, 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays. We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, membership to our on-site free gym, Cycle to Work scheme and Employee benefits scheme offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 6th January 2023
We would encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible as we may close vacancies early should we receive a high number of applications.