TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible and we have an exciting and very rare opportunity for a Customer Operations Manager to join our friendly team at our premises in North Tyneside.
About this career opportunity
TT2 is looking for a proactive and experienced leader who can support the Chief Operating Officer, acting as the principal point of contact for managers and employees on all traffic operations-related matters. You will be responsible to give advice and guidance on matters of best practice while ensuring that the tunnels are operated safely for both customers and staff.
Main role responsibilities (for full duties please review the attached JD)
- To motivate and coach team members, leading a customer service transformation across the Operations teams and embedding a culture of quality and customer care.
- To drive innovation in the Open Road product within the business. Develop programmes to improve operational performance within the business, achieving and improving standards of customer-recognition as the best at what we do.
- To maintain, update, implement and advise on all Customer Operations policies and procedures so that they are current with legislation and best practice.
- To use existing data and new sources as necessary to create a comprehensive understanding of our customers and their segmentation. Use this to create a suite of metrics which will allow tracking of trends due to internal and external factors, thus allowing good quality decision-making.
- To manage the safe, effective and efficient operation of the Customer Operations department and the supervision of related personnel.
- To work closely with the other members of the TT2 management team to ensure plans and objectives are well-understood.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and experience
You will be proactive and passionate about delivering customer service through operational safety and efficiency and have a willingness to learn new skills. You will have a proven record of managing Health & Safety responsibilities. You will have the ability to deal with all levels of staff and management whilst demonstrating high levels of leadership. You will possess strong prioritisation skills and the ability to deliver whilst managing a varied workload.
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Proven leadership experience
- High proficiency with PC systems including Microsoft Office packages particularly in Excel, but also in Outlook, PowerPoint & Word.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
This role includes on-call duties for Duty Manager (tactical command) for operational issues and requires some flexibility in working times commensurate with managing a 24/7 operation.
To ensure you have the best knowledge and skills to carry out your role, you will be fully supported with in-house training, including an intensive induction process.
For full details please refer to Job Description in the link below.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of, £54,113.00 – £56,498.00 per annum plus, the following yearly allowances – car £6,000.00, broadband £360.00 and Duty Manager standby £2,577.00 (all paid as part of monthly salary and subject to normal deductions).
Also, membership of the Local Government Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. Annual leave of 25 shifts, plus 8 days bank holidays.
We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 15th February 2023
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.