TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible and we have an exciting opportunity for a full time Customer Operations Operative to join our friendly team at our premises in North Tyneside.
About this career opportunity
We are looking for a proactive team member, who can support the Customer Operations Manager by providing high levels of customer care through operational efficiency, while ensuring the safe passage of all our customers.
You will be responsible for vehicle monitoring and escorting, safety and security duties, traffic management and ensuring the correct toll is collected for each vehicle.
Main role responsibilities
- Acting in accordance with TT2 Health & Safety Policies and Departmental Operating Procedures
- Ensuring Tyne Tunnels Byelaws are adhered to
- Ensuring operational proficiency is maintained through participation and completion of regular training sessions
- Responding to breakdowns, incidents, accidents and liaising with emergency services
- Completing validation of Image Reviews to ensure all vehicles pay the correct toll
- Escorting of hazardous and abnormal loads
Working as part of a team, this role involves working in all weather conditions as part of a rolling shift pattern.
You will be contracted to work 37 hours per week plus 5.88 hours contractual overtime.
The schedule is 4 x 12.25hour shifts made up of: 06:45-19:00hrs for 2 days, 18:45-07:00hrs for 2 nights, followed by 4 rest days.
The ideal candidate
- You will be passionate about delivering customer service and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- You must be flexible and the have ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- You will be able to build, develop and maintain effective working relationships and have excellent communication skills.
- You will also need a full, clean driving licence and a working knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- You will be fully supported with in-house training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role.
For full details please refer to the Job Description in the link below.
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of £36,633 – £37,328 per annum (including shift allowance, contractual overtime and enhanced payments for weekend work) plus membership of the Local Government Defined Salary Pension Scheme.
22 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays.
We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, On-site gym, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 5th May 2023
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.