TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst apprentice to join our team at our premises in North Tyneside.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join us as a Data Analyst Level 4 Apprentice to support the TT2 Management team.
You will be joining our Business Improvement team, ensuring that TT2 is able to manage its business through the provision of accurate and timely information. Whilst being supported by those around you, you should be able to take act on your own initiative.
As a Data Analyst, you will also support the development of the business strategy, delivery of KPI’s and assist in the production of key business drivers including and the introduction of targeting and production of forecasts and budgets.
- Ensure the integrity of our data generation systems.
- Advise and support managers in delivery of services in line with business objectives.
- Manage the production of the periodic management reports and processing of data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring the integrity of the information provided through implementation, regular review and update of controls.
- Advise and support managers in delivering services in line with business objectives, recommending actions when necessary.
- Support with the production of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and performance data and the subsequent analysis of results and performance including revenue analysis.
- Any other adhoc responsibilities as reasonably requested by the senior management team.
- Generation of key reports on a daily, weekly and period basis covering performance of any or all of the TT2 business.
- Interact with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure that accurate information is obtained in a timely way.
- Work closely with the management team, including the CEO, to plan and complete projects.
- Assist in the implementation of Power-BI as a reporting tool across the business, playing a key role in the adoption, maintenance and usability of the system.
Requirements for the role:
- The Data Analyst will be a problem solver with exceptional analytical ability with a high standard of accuracy who enjoys taking tasks to completion.
- This is a highly autonomous role which requires the ability to be a self-starter, work under pressure and meet timescales with the minimum of supervision.
Essential requirements for this job include:
- Excel skills to macro-level with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills – you will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders, including clients and TT2’s contractors.
- Team player – working co-operatively to achieve tasks.
- Adaptable – having an enthusiastic and flexible approach to prioritising tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative.
If you’re passionate about working within data, you could be perfect for us!
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role)
- 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements.
The annual salary will be £17,305.
The core working hours are 37.5 per week, between the hours of 8am – 6pm.
Flexibility can be provided.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.