TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels have a new and exciting opportunity for a full time Data Analyst to join our friendly and supportive team at our premises in Wallsend, North Tyneside.
Every day we help the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible. Our vision is to be the number 1 choice of crossing the Tyne by road. This means we are committed to delivering regional growth by offering the most reliable, safe, sustainable, and efficient service to our customers.
TT2 are dedicated to being an inclusive workplace and employer of choice. We support our employees with a number of initiatives, and we are proud to have a Great Place to Work Certification.
About this career opportunity
This is a varied role, and we are looking for a proactive and experienced Data Analyst to work in our small data team who will be responsible for the generation of the key reports in real time covering the performance across the business.
Main role responsibilities (Please see Job Description for full details)
- Present the results of data analyses to management and process owners at an executive level, identify and make recommendations of new ways to streamline business processes.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Manage the production of the periodic management reports and processing data in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring the integrity of the information provided through implementation, regular review, and update of controls.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure tasks are achieved in an environment of co-operation and engagement.
- Support the development of the business strategy, delivery of KPIs and assist in the production of key business drivers.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and experience.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering a great service to all our key stakeholders. You will have the ability to work collaboratively to achieve the business strategic objectives. You must have high attention to detail, ensuring analysis is accurate and representative. You will have the ability to have honest and open communications, recognising the responsibility that data reporting imbues. You will possess structured thinking and a rational and inquisitive approach to solving problems using data. You will have a natural affinity with numbers and enthusiasm to use numerical ability to spot trends.
- Educated to degree or equivalent (e.g., Apprentice Level 4) in a data analytical discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a Data Analytical role.
- Can demonstrate competencies in core Data Analyst skills, including: coding, data knowledge and system understanding.
- Knowledge of at least one relevant language is essential (i.e. SQL, Python, or R).
- Strong IT reporting and analytic skills including PostgreSQL and DAX.
- Strong skills in Power BI, to be able to set up dataflows and create dashboard to present to various stakeholders.
- Ability and understanding of working in a cloud-based environment.
- Ability to analyse and report trends, identifying and reporting metrics to highlight issues.
- Ability to self-prioritise workloads, displaying consistent delivery of work, drive successful outcomes, and understand when to escalate to their manager.
This is a full-time role, working 37 hours per week, based in our Wallsend office.
The office hours are Monday to Thursday 08.30 – 16.30 including 30-minute unpaid lunch break and Friday 08.30 – 16.00 including 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
For full details please refer to Job Description in the link below.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of £36,864.00 to £38,787.00 per annum, along with membership of the Local Government Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. We also offer 26 days Annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays, with additional days available with length of service.
We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role, as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain additional relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, On-site gym, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 31st January 2024.
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.