TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
What’s in it for you:
TT2 Ltd, the operators of the Tyne Tunnel have an exciting Apprenticeship opportunity for a motivated individual. You will be involved in a variety of social media and Marketing projects working alongside the Marketing team. You will learn how to identify and anticipate the needs and wants of the Tyne Tunnels users, assisting in fulfilling TT2’s marketing and communication strategies.
The company offers excellent benefits including:
- Paid time off to study.
- A professional and supportive team.
- Training and development – opportunities to take part in a range of training events and ongoing professional development.
- Family friendly employer – working within a team which understands that operational needs can be balanced with family responsibilities.
- Employee assistance programme – free and confidential third-party telephone counselling service available 24 hours a day.
- Employee benefits scheme – high street discounts and cycle to work scheme.
- Salary – £13,968 per annum
You will be responsible for:
- Providing support and assistance to the Social Media and Marketing Lead and Customer Operations Manager
- Responding appropriately to comments and messages received through our social media channels and providing assistance where necessary
- Assisting in providing necessary social media information
- Offering creative input and suggestions when required
- Creating and researching content to post on social media platforms
- Handling a range of digital media, edit assets, upload videos and manage online content
- Conducting social media related research and develop insight into TT2’s online audiences
- Assisting with writing newsletters, articles and promotional leaflets
- Organising computerised files and folders
- Liaising with external agencies, such as print suppliers, business partnerships, newspapers and PR agency
- Assisting in organising and hosting internal and external activities
You will need the following skills:
- Experience using the main social media platforms, as well as email and the web
- Digital organisational skills, including computerised file and folder organisation
- Personal organisational skills, including time keeping and workspace management
- A genuine interest in social media and digital solutions to improve customer experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Team player – working co-operatively to achieve tasks
- Adaptable – having an enthusiastic and flexible approach to prioritising tasks
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- The learner must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here.
The core working hours are 37 per week, Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Friday: 8:30am – 4pm.
Flexibility can be provided.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.