TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, has recently completed a large-scale transition from its historic toll plazas to an open road tolling-based operation, effectively becoming an online business for our customers.
TT2 helps the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
What’s in it for you:
TT2 Ltd, the operators of the Tyne Tunnel have an exciting Apprenticeship opportunity for a motivated individual. You will be involved in a variety of Internal Communications projects working alongside the Internal Communications Assistant. You will learn how to create and implement internal/employee communications content, and forums which create excitement, drive engagement, align teams and individuals and shape culture.
The company offers excellent benefits such as:
- Paid time off to study
- A professional and supportive team
- Training and development – opportunities to take part in a range of training events and ongoing professional development
- Family friendly employer – working within a team which understands that operational needs can be balanced with family responsibilities
- Employee assistance programme – free and confidential third-party telephone counselling service available 24 hours a day
- Employee benefits scheme – high street discounts and cycle to work scheme
- Salary – £13,968 per annum
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting and working alongside the Internal Communications Assistant
- Generating content for the internal communications platform
- Assisting with the administration and maintaining of the internal communications platforms email, intranet and social
- Writing, editing and producing communications for internal audiences including but not limited to graphic content, presentations, scripts, briefing documents, intranet articles, employee communications, messages and emails
- Developing effective relationships with internal and external clients to ensure the delivery of quality, cost effective and timely services for their communications needs
- Aligning messages and communications with TT2’s vision, strategic themes and business priorities while promoting a positive mindset among internal audiences
- Working in conjunction with the Internal Communications Assistant on the TT2 wellbeing committee
- Providing administrative support to department managers
You will need the following skills:
- Digital organisational skills, including computerised file and folder organisation
- Ability to problem solve
- Personal organisational skills, including time keeping and workspace management
- A genuine interest in social media and digital solutions to improve customer experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Team player – working co-operatively to achieve tasks
- Adaptable – having an enthusiastic and flexible approach to prioritising tasks
The core working hours are 37 per week, Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Friday: 8:30am – 4pm.
Flexibility can be provided.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- The learner must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.