TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, is currently going through an exciting period of change and growth. Now that the business has transformed to Open Road Tolling, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced full time (37hrs) Maintenance Supervisor at its fully COVID-19 secure premises in North Tyneside. We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive team member, that can oversee the maintenance and renewal of assets, systems and equipment and help the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
As Maintenance Supervisor, you will maintain operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews. You will implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and be responsible for preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. You will be responsible for supervising staff and ensuring staff competencies are appropriate and maintained. You will also lead and motivate colleagues and liaise with the Training Lead to ensure training needs are met.
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Works with managers and teams in the delivery of TT2’s first-class customer experience.
- Administers the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments, identifying problems and requirements.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness of activities.
- Maintains up-to-date work order sheets. Oversee stores, plant and equipment ensuring they remain appropriate to the scheduled workload.
- Accomplishes maintenance HR objectives by supervising, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and assessing performance.
- Develops team capabilities where opportune and addressing the cause of under-performance as necessary to provide an effective and efficient service.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Identifies safety and performance concerns expeditiously to the Asset Manager.
- Participates in continuous professional development which will ensure skills and technical knowledge are regularly updated. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Produces reports in a timely manner and in alignment with key reporting and meeting deadlines.
- Investigates, as requested, failure causations particularly for repeat and no-fault-found failures,
- Manages the supply chain to provide the best fit of value and service performance to meet TT2’s needs.
- Builds, develops and maintains strong working relationships internally.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of supervision of a skilled maintenance team.
- HNC/HND in electrical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, ability to engage at all levels in the organisation
- Analysis and reporting of trends, implementing plans to address issues identified
- Good planning and organisation skills to manage various tasks
If your experience and qualifications are a perfect fit for our organisation, please refer to Job Description (within link). To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of £45,000 per annum plus membership of the Local Government Defined Salary Pension Scheme; 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 23rd December 2021.
Please note: due to the holiday season, candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application early January 2022.
To apply, please click here.