TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels have a new and exciting opportunity for a full time Project Manager to join our friendly and supportive team at our premises in Wallsend, North Tyneside.
Every day we help the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
Our vision is to be the number 1 choice of crossing the Tyne by road.
This means we are committed to delivering regional growth by offering the most reliable, safe, sustainable and efficient service to our customers.
TT2 are dedicated to being an inclusive workplace and employer of choice.
We support our employees with a number of initiatives and we are proud to have recently earned Great Place to Work Certification.
About this career opportunity
This is a varied role and we are looking for a proactive and experienced Project Manager to act as a lead in the discovery, management and delivery of projects which support the progression of TT2.
Working within a small projects team you will be responsible for leading and managing various projects within the organisation, ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget and delivered to the desired results.
Main role responsibilities (Please see Job Description for full details)
- Defining the project scope, goals, and objectives, as well as identifying stakeholders, and working in line with TT2 project management policies.
- Monitor project financials to identify and correct deviations from the project plan. Developing a project budget and controlling costs throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring the delivery of the project’s objectives within the approved budget.
- Creating schedules and deadlines for tasks, and ensuring that they are met, while also monitoring progress against the project plan and taking corrective actions when necessary.
- Motivating, guiding, and managing the project team, resolving conflicts, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ensuring that project deliverables meet the required quality standards and stakeholder expectations, through the implementation of quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders, managing their expectations, and maintaining effective communication channels to ensure their needs are met throughout the project.
- Provide regular updates on individual project progress, identifying issues and concerns on timescale, quality and cost especially where there is risk of failure to realise the anticipated benefits. Implement risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and experience
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering a great service to all of our key stakeholders.
You will have the ability to achieve outcomes, find innovative solutions and be able to work well as part of a team to achieve the business strategic objectives.
- Degree or equivalent project management qualification.
- Proven ability of assisting in the delivery of multiple parallel projects in an operational business.
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to deliver under pressure.
- High proficiency with PC systems including Microsoft Office packages specifically Projects, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
This is a full-time role, working 37 hours per week based in our Wallsend office however, following a successful 6-month probationary period flexible/hybrid working arrangements may be considered.
The office hours are Monday to Thursday 08.30 – 16.30 including 30-minute unpaid lunch break and Friday 08.30 – 16.00 including 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
For full details please refer to Job Description in the link below.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of around £40,576.00 to £42,892.00 per annum, along with membership of the Local Government Defined Contribution Pension Scheme.
We also offer 26 days Annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays, with additional days available with length of service.
We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role, as well as encouraging and helping our employees gain additional relevant certification and qualifications.
Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, On-site gym, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight Sunday 9th July 2023
Please be advised that we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, therefore please complete your application as soon as possible.