TT2 Limited, the operator of the iconic Tyne Tunnels, is currently going through an exciting period of change and growth. By the end of 2021, it expects to have transformed its business to Open Road Tolling, effectively becoming an online business interacting with customers via the internet, app, IVR and other digital systems. IT reliability, performance and efficiency will become even more central to TT2’s success and we therefore have an exciting opportunity for an experienced full time (37hrs) Infrastructure and Systems Engineer at its fully COVID-19 secure premises in North Tyneside.
We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive team member, who will be responsible for ensuring that all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance. Focusing on delivering outstanding levels of customer service and effectively helping the 55,000+ customers who use the Tyne Tunnels each day to have the best journey experience possible.
As Infrastructure and Systems Engineer, you will manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement. You will work closely with the IT Manager and act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. You will ensure the effective and efficient operation of the IT department, achieving objectives and company plans as detailed from time to time.
Main duties and responsibilities;
Represent the IT department in site meetings and conferences
Provide mentoring and training to staff and visiting engineers
Act as a single point of contact on specific projects
Undertake the review, revision and execution of change management requests
Ensure IT related incidents and requests are dealt with in a timely manner, logged and acted upon within defined SLA’s
Support and deputise for the It Manager when required
Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budget and operational demand
Ensure IT systems, applications and Cloud platforms adhere to best practices and recommendations set by suppliers and software vendors
Participate in TT2’s IT Technical on-call rota between 1:2 (£4438.00 per annum) or 1:3 (£3508.00 per annum) as determined by the company from time to time
- IT / ICT further education qualification as a minimum.
- MS Office 365 including Exchange online.
- Windows 10 Device Management using Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- MS Azure support certification/experience.
- MS Hyper-V virtual environments certification/experience.
- MS SQL experience.
- Experience working in an ITIL aligned environment and be familiar with ITIL principles
- Above average networking skills, including Cisco Meraki experience.
- Telecom systems certification/experience including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
- Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies – Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
- Ability to prioritise varied and often hectic workload, keeping momentum on long-term goals whilst addressing immediate response to issues. Able to deliver under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, engaging at all levels through varied media.
- Proactive with a deep-seated commitment to continuous improvement.
If your experience and qualifications are a perfect fit for our organisation, please refer to Job Description (within link). To attract the best candidates, we will offer a salary of £38,575- £40,891 per annum plus membership of the Local Government Defined Salary Pension Scheme. 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays. We offer comprehensive training and continuous development for this role as well as actively encourage and helping our employees gain relevant certification and qualifications. Other benefits include access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme and Reward Me Now App offering discounts and offers on purchases at many UK retailers.
TT2 Ltd is an equal opportunity employer – all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th February 2022