Your 3 routes to appeal:
Use this option if...
- You have not already paid your charge and would like to appeal.
Please be aware if you pay your UTCN after you have appealed, your case will be closed and you will not receive a response to your appeal.
To do so, please click here.
If you are either:
- a lease/hire/rental company
- an authorised customer of a lease/hire/rental company
and have PAID your UTCN, please use this page to appeal.
If more than 60 days have elapsed since you have paid the Unpaid Toll Charge Notice (UTCN), your final recourse will be to submit a complaint.
If you have paid your charge and still wish to appeal please call the contact centre and we can discuss your case.
If more than 28 days have elapsed since you have paid the Unpaid Toll Charge Notice (UTCN), your final recourse will be to submit a complaint.
Best Practices and Advice:
- Please be aware that you can only appeal if you are the registered keeper of the vehicle in question or if the registered keeper has given you authorisation to do so. Authorisation must be granted by providing an addressed/dated/signed letter from the registered keeper. If you are not authorised or the registered keeper we can not process your appeal.
- Please ensure you attach all supporting documentation to help support your appeal and enable us to resolve at first contact.
- Please ensure you clearly describe your circumstances, using bullet points where possible.
- Please select the most appropriate category for your appeal when prompted, this will help us to resolve your appeal at first contact.
- If you have received more than one UTCN you must appeal against each individual reference number (beginning with TT) as each one represents a separate journey. This is to prevent additional charges and correspondence being issued.
- If your UTCN has been passed on to a 3rd party collection agency, you must appeal via their process.
- If you believe you have paid for your journey within the payment window (via website, IVR service or direct debit), please include the first 8 digits, the last 4 digits of the card and the date of transaction you used and we will be able to resolve your appeal at the first point of contact. Please note, we do not accept undated bank statements or screenshots from your bank as these can not be verified.
- If you are a Blue Badge holder please ensure you attach a copy of the front and back of your Blue Badge. If you do not have an exemption account set up, please click here for further information.
- Before you appeal, please check our FAQs to see if your answer can be found.
- If you are unsure about appealing, please call our customer contact centre on 0191 574 0031 and an agent can advise you.
- Find out more information on our appeals process here.