Please see the below best practices for when completing your appeal:
- Please be aware that you can only appeal if you are the registered keeper of the vehicle in question. If not, your appeal will not be processed.
- Please ensure you attach all supporting documentation to help support your appeal and enable us to resolve at first contact.
- Please ensure you clearly describe your circumstances, using bullet points where possible.
- Please select the most appropriate category for your appeal when prompted, this will help us to resolve your appeal at first contact.
- If you have received more than one UTCN you must appeal against each individual reference number (beginning with TT) as each one represents a separate journey. This is to prevent additional charges and correspondence being issued.
- If your UTCN has been passed on to a 3rd party collection agency, you must appeal via their process.
- If you believe you have paid for your journey within the payment window (via website, IVR service or direct debit), please include the first 8 digits, the last 4 digits of the card and the date of transaction you used and we will be able to resolve your appeal at the first point of contact. Please note, we do not accept undated bank statements or screenshots from your bank as these can not be verified.
- If you are a Blue Badge holder please ensure you attach a copy of the front and back of your Blue Badge. If you do not have an exemption account set up, please click here for further information.
- Before you appeal, please check our FAQs to see if your answer can be found.
- If you are unsure about appealing, please call our customer contact centre on 0191 574 0031 and an agent can advise you.
- Find out more information on our appeals process here.
Ready to appeal an unpaid UTCN? Click here.
Are you a lease/hire company? If you are please use this page to appeal.
Have you paid your Unpaid Toll Charge Notice (UTCN) and want to appeal? See our FAQ’s page.